Game news Splatoon 3: Nintendo details the game modes of the exclusive Switch, everything you need to know
Splatoon 3 is particularly awaited and the good news is that it was the subject of a nice thirty-minute presentation during a Nintendo Direct dedicated to it. The different modes were discussed in particular.
With a unique concept and soul, the Splatoon franchise is now one of Nintendo’s big assets and its third installment promises to be a nice breath of fresh air in 2022. The firm has just held a big showcase, revealing many points and elements including some of the game modes that the experience will offer.
The story mode will be used to learn the basics of the game: ink the ground, use weapons, defend and dodge… For the occasion, the developers have concocted many levels with fights and platforming, supported by a small scenario : we slip into the skin of Number 3, a new recruit of the Swordfish squadron, in his war against the Octarians, strangely covered in fur. An ideal mode to learn how to play.
A game mode that lives up to its name. Here, two teams of four compete to spray the field with as much ink as possible in a given time of three minutes. Nintendo promises us improved gameplay with new techniques like:
- The squid surge which allows you to quickly climb walls by swimming.
- The squid spin which allows you to squirt ink by swirling around yourself while sending some of the opponent’s ink back.
A special mode where three teams compete at the same time on a map. It is notably integrated into festivals, which we will tell you about just below. Players from the leading team in a festival start in the center of the level while two players from the second and third teams attack the one in first place. It is basically of a 4 VS 2 VS 2 mode!
Festivals are making a comeback in Splatoon 3. These are events in which the player chooses a side among the three offered around a given theme.
- Phase 1 : At first, the three teams face each other in a duel in territory wars (see above) at 4 against 4.
- Phase 2: secondly, the rules change to make way for tricolor warfare, a new game mode “in which the three camps clash on the field” (see also above).
Anarchy matches bring together four different game modes that follow one another in a rotation:
- Zone defense: a rather classic game mode, but here with Splatoon sauce where players must hold crucial areas in Zone Defense.
- Risky shipping: here, players must drive the pit to the finish.
- Bazookarp Mission: the goal is to take the Bazookarpe to its destination, much like a capture of the flag.
- Clam Rain: the objective is to pick up then throw clams to score points.
Two sections are also offered in Anarchy Matches:
- Anarchy match (series): dedicated to those who want to join a random team
- Anarchy match (open): dedicated to those who want to team up with their friends
Note that there are also private matches, to play quietly while strictly selecting only the people you want. Nintendo specifies that more information on the four game modes mentioned above will be given very soon, from the official site of the title.
In the Salmon Run mode, four players must stick together to collect golden eggs and above all repel the incessant waves of enemies. A mode that we had already seen before and that Nintendo promises us even bigger with new bosses (Salmonoboss in the jargon) like the Couverclard, the Big Ball or the Salmotori.
In addition, the Big Run will come to enliven the game: it isan in-game event that will occur several times a year where the Slamonoids (the enemies) come to invade the cities of Inklings like Octolings.
The lobby is not a game mode per se, but rather a hub in which several activities are offered:
- Shooting air: a place where it is possible to try weapons as we see fit and which can be used as a warm-up while waiting for opponents, before a match.
- Ghosts: here, online friends appear as 3D holograms. By going to see these holograms, you can invite them to join you in a game or join them.
- Match videos: it is here that it will be possible to watch replays of recent clashes, to edit them and to publish them online.
- The locker room : where you can manually store all the collected items, from clothes to stickers to various and varied objects.
- Coolypso: it is the general store of Cité-Clabousse. Here, the player can buy a bunch of items for a few pennies.
Finally, note thata playable demo will be offered for free on Nintendo Switch at the Splatfest World Premiere on August 27. It will be available for download from the eShop from August 18. and will allow players to join Team Rock, Paper, or Scissors until August 27, after which some games will become playable.
What to wait wisely until the release of the full game, planned September 9 exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
This page contains affiliate links to some products that JV has selected for you. Each purchase you make by clicking on one of these links will not cost you more, but the e-merchant will pay us a commission.
We would like to say thanks to the author of this post for this amazing content
Splatoon 3: Nintendo details the game modes of the exclusive Switch, everything you need to know
We have our social media profiles here , as well as other related pages herehttps://gaming.coolnspicy.com/related-pages/